Thursday, August 11, 2016

Half-a-year recap

How long has it been since I last posted anything here?

First of all, I would not think I would survive anything, or if the "new year new everything" would occur at all, but I guess I was very wrong.

I did not survive anything, if I dare say, because in order to survive, you would have to fight for the thing you deserve. Well I did have my fair share of fights and god, were they very tiring. I fell sick more often than the past four years combined, but were cured within days. There, some victories should be celebrated.

It had been an exhausting half-a-year. I am not sure what exhausted me, but yes I am pretty much exhausted and very much mentally tired.

Speaking of mental health: one thing that I'm very certain of is that my mind, thoughts, and tendencies have worsen over the months. It was worse, really, but it's no different than now either.

I had set some goals earlier this year (ironically made in the middle of January), and I'm yet to achieve it. Like, bloody hell, it's August now, what am I waiting for?

Over the past two years (I surprisingly left the best bits out, wow), I really did thought about who I really am, am I comfortable with the things I have been doing or not, am I comfortable being.. what I would assume is being me, what I really want to do in the future, what I would think is fun and that I will not regret doing and doing.

I promised myself to actually step out of that comfort zone, ignore all those remarks that will only bring me down, but have I successfully fulfilled that promise to myself?

These questions would have not occurred to me a few years back, when I was still in school. There weren't enough support for me to explore questions that are bigger than "have I finished my maths homework?" School wasn't the place for one to embark on a self-discovery journey. It was rather a camp where we were taught only what the education system wants us to fulfill.

Dare I say I've found the answer I wanted and needed? Nope. The horizon looks far, but you won't get an answer just instantaneously with a click of few fingers. It's a life-long journey, I guess?

Anyway, I'm turning 21 in a few month. God. It's 2016 and we still don't have immunity potion?

No comments:

Post a Comment